Yield: 1 loaf
1 loaf frozen bread dough, unthawed
Filling of your choice
Egg glaze: 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350º Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick spray.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12” x 15” rectangle.
- Place filling down center of rectangle, going the long way.
- Use a pastry scraper to make 1/2-inch cuts along the edge of the dough on either side of the filling.
- Starting at one side, criss-cross the cut strips over the filling. Pinch ends together to keep in the filling.
- Transfer braided dough to prepared baking sheet. Brush dough with egg glaze.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Cream cheese: 8 ounces cream cheese beaten with 1/3 cup sugar
Fruit: Solo brand fruit pastry filling (available with pie fillings at the grocery store)
Sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and chopped basil
Pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella
Ham and cheddar cheese