Heavenly Yeast Rolls
Yield: 2 dozen large rolls, or more if smaller
½ cup warm water (Not over 110º)
2 packages dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup warm milk
½ cup melted butter
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 ½ cups flour
¼ cup soft butter
About ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In a mixer bowl, place the water and then sprinkle on the yeast and sugar. Stir mixture and then allow it to sit until bubbly. Stir in milk, 1/2 cup melted butter, sugar, eggs and salt, and mix well. Add flour and beat.
- Knead, either with a dough hook or by hand, until smooth and very elastic. The dough will be very soft. Cover and let rise until double, about 45 minutes.
- Stir down dough and turn out onto floured surface and knead several times. Roll out to about 1-inch thickness. Spread dough with ¼ cup soft butter. Fold dough over so butter is in the middle. Cut out rolls with biscuit cutter.
- Pour vegetable oil into a 9” x 13” baking dish. Place rolls in baking pan, turning over once to coat tops with oil. Let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375º and bake rolls 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.